Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Random Musings From A Sleepy Pastor

I am battling the flu right now…as my Mom used to say, “I have my days and nights mixed up.” It is 3:00 AM and I can't sleep so I might as well blog since I will probably be sleeping when most of you read this later today.

I spent a couple of hours on e-mail tonight…not sure if that is the best use of my time. Thanks for not forwarding me stuff... my favorite closing line in emails is “you don’t need to respond to this”. I am really hoping that blogging can be my way of staying in touch and I can transition away from so much e-mail.

I could watch our baptism videos over and over again…I smile so much watching them that my face starts to hurt by the end of the video…please no "does your face hurt"…"well it’s killing me jokes here!"

I want you to check out this blog link for Pastor Gary Lamb. I don’t know Gary yet but he is a blogging freak! One of the best pastor bloggers you will read. Gary pastors Revolution Church in Canton, Georgia and he is kicking it! He recently wrote a post entitled “Eliminating the portability excuse” that I want you to check out. It is a must read if you are part of Fellowship or planting a church.

One thing that keeps me awake at night is what is next for Fellowship…a second campus at a Delaware location or build a building on our campus. Either way I think we need to be somewhere between the 800-1000 range before we do either.

I do know we are called to build people not necessarily buildings. Moving into the school almost 3 years ago really launched our church as we know it today.

Cremeans Couch is starting back up on Buddy’s blog…you should check it out every Monday.

Buddy lost one of heaven’s heroes last week at Northway. Check out his post and remember to pray for his team. Heaven’s gain was their loss.

Still having C3 spiritual afterglow!

American Idol Update: I forget his name but I am predicting that the 17 year old dude that blew away the John Lennon song tonight will win it all. That kid is sick. All my girls (Michelle included I think) have a crush on him.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The portability article has good points.
Syesha Mercado will be up there with David Archuleta in A.I.!

Raysheeth said...

When we first went protable I didn't like it but seeing the growth in our church and the environment team work magic is awesome! I really appreciate the sweat and tears behind all the work that is done every week. I am so blessed to come into my classroom already to go and then have someone come behind me and tear down; it makes my life so easy and in case I haven't said so THANKS! You guys are GREAT!!

Holly said...

Your church is doing an awesome job. We have enjoyed it so much the past few months and will remember y'all in prayer often. Take care!

John Cremeans said...

Thanks Ray. Syesha? I missed the girls last night...I'll check it out.

John Cremeans said...

Thanks for the feedback Lisa and thanks for serving faithfully

John Cremeans said...

We will miss you guys Holly. Maybe Michelle and I can visit Celebration Church sometime when we get to JAX.