Monday, February 25, 2008

More Top Quotes

Here are some of the top quotes and questions I took away from C3...
  • Honor the old and promote the new.
  • You can’t lead out of the negative experiences of your life.
  • Practice taking second place (Rom 12 – The Message)
  • The enemy wants us to believe that want we do doesn’t matter.
  • God is preparing you for what he has prepared for you.
  • The enemy doesn’t want the church to take “turf” for the kingdom.
  • The loudest boos come from the cheapest seats.
  • Pit happens…It happens.
  • God allows us to break down so we can break out!
  • Betrayal separates the “players” from the “posers.”
  • You can’t institutionalize accountability…it is born out of love.
  • (leadership) If you love people you will measure their performance.
  • The cost of leadership is conflict.
  • You can’t lead people who aren’t thirsty.
  • God never gives bread that hasn’t been broken.
  • God is bigger than your background.

Questions:
Are you praying high risk prayers?
What are the barriers that are keeping our church from being unleashed on this world?

4 comments:

Lez said...

What great quotes!!
Hope you had a great day yesterday for Allis bday!! When they were younger it seemed like the year and half age difference wasn't very much now that Ashli will be 18 in a year and a half I am hoping its much more!! You and Michelle have every right to brag! You did a wonderful job!
Leslie
PS..How are the duck eggs coming??? (Rob still isnt giving in!!)

Betty said...

"What are the barriers that are keeping our church from being unleashed on this world?"

I definitely have no clue to that answer as far as the church goes. FC is and has done so much. It is awesome to see and be a part of it. I believe I have some work to do though. God has definitely been growing me and stretching me lately beyond what I thought I was capable of. One great thing about myself as a Christian (that I didn't know before being a Christian) is that I can see the things that I am not good at as an opportunity to learn and grow instead of just saying that is just who I am. It may not be my gift or I might not be the best person for that task, but I can learn from it. I struggle with greeting people and meeting new people. I also struggle with inviting people. I do these things, but it feels so awkward for me. I am quiet at first until you get to know me, then you can't shut me up. You are probably seeing that. What I have been finding out lately is that it isn't just with church or ministry. Church and ministry is where I have experienced it the most this far in my life. So I know, me personally, I have to step out more from my comfort zone and I struggle with it.

A work in progress,
Betty

John Cremeans said...

Thanks Leslie. The ducks are coming along okay I guess. I think we might know something later this week...I'll keep you posted.

John Cremeans said...

Another word for uncomfortable could be faith Betty. You are on the right track. Our biggest barrier right now is getting our name out there as a church.