Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Trip Surprises


I’m home safe and sound. Because of all our recent travel with my Dad’s illness, Buddy and I felt like we should cut out trip short so we came home two days early. I surprised Michelle and the kids when I walked in last night. I tried but I couldn’t stay awake to watch American Idol with them. It is great to be home today. “There is no place like home” might be cliché but it is very true. I missed blogging while away and look forward to getting back into it this week. I plan to post everyday between now and Easter. By the way...comments are back on...I had them turned off while I was away. It will be good to hear from you...

Here are some trip takeaways that I would like to share:

What surprised me?
  • The Chinese people…they were very friendly and hospitable. For some reason I thought they would be more reserved or guarded. I could definitely live and work with the Chinese. Great folks!

  • I stink at chopsticks. Might be a good diet plan though…today, I am thankful for forks!

  • I like “American Chinese food” better.

  • Basketball is the favorite sports passion for Chinese. It’s everywhere. I’m so used to soccer being the dominate sport outside the U.S., but not in China.

  • I have never seen so many people. Talk about mass humanity.

  • The traffic is intense. You should see my sister Kristin drive in the crazy traffic. She is the bravest woman I know.

  • Hong Kong has the largest airport I have ever seen. Unbelievable.

3 comments:

Raysheeth said...

Chopsticks don't work as a diet plan, trust me I tried! I got so good at chopsticks that I can even eat rice better with them than a fork! Glad you had a great time and are safely back home.

Raysheeth said...

Chopsticks do not work for dieting trust me I have tried it. In fact I got so good at chopsticks that I can even eat rice faster with them than a fork! Glad you had a nice trip and are safely home.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back bro! I can't wait to hear more about your trip...hmmm, maybe at PF Chang's? You can show off the chop stick skills you picked up in China.