Sunday, March 16, 2008

When God Shows Up

Things happen when God shows up. People change. Hearts melt and healing begins. God showed up today in a big way. Words seem inadequate as I try to describe what the Holy Spirit did in both of our services. Never before at the school have we had an “altar call” for people to come forward. To see what looked like 75% of those in attendance come forward just amazed me. God is amazing. You can see the people lining the front of the stage in the picture above. I had some fear about today…from the “goat story” (sorry, you just had to be there to get this part) to inviting people to come forward. I was so proud of God today and extremely proud of Fellowship. For some of you, coming forward today was the most courageous spiritual decision you have ever made. God can’t help but bless that in your life. I am sorry we forgot the tissues! I hated it for the people that missed today because of illness or travel. When Christians obey, the Holy Spirit is free to work in such a special way. I believe that today “set the table” for what is going to be an incredible Easter Sunday.
I want to say a big thanks to all that worked so hard at the design and implementation of our new stage set today. We now have the most “pimped out” stage of any portable church I know. It looks incredible! God upstaged it all but that is the way it should be. When we put forth our best for him he just has a way of giving his best right back! You can see Jeff rockin' it here...

Michelle had to miss today because Gracie was sick. When we got home she was upset over a hawk getting one of our chickens. Murderer. Looks like we will be shot-gun shopping later this week…gotta protect the “live-stock”. Our cat also got hit by a car…nothing fatal but I’m hoping we won’t get a huge vet bill.

Whenever God gets to working you run into spiritual warfare. One of my close friends called tonight to ask me for prayer. His wife told him she wants a divorce. My heart is hurting for both of them tonight. They are two of the nicest people you would ever meet. I had a chance to talk to both of them separately and pray with them on the phone tonight. I am trusting God to bring healing to their relationship and not to just restore their marriage, but give them a whole new marriage. I’m reminded tonight of how critical our upcoming “I love” series will be. Be praying... invite your friends this week.

5 comments:

Raysheeth said...

John- The message yesterday was AWESOME! To see God work in our church is priceless and I am always so grateful to you for your transparency. The way you share your struggles with us openly and honestly truly blesses me as I do not feel so alone going through all the doubts when you share yours too. Thank you for allowing God to use you and being yielded to the Holy Spirit especially for telling us the goat story. Maybe God didn't care about that Goat but he certainly cared about it's owner enough to die for her! Keep on keepin it real and thanks for always challenging me to be open and yielded to God! I LOVE OUR CHURCH AND THE STAFF WE ARE BLESSED WITH!!

Jenn @ A Heart For Home Sweet Home said...

What an incredible service yesterday! Thanks for keeping things so real and speaking so honestly from your heart. I think we've all wrestled with doubts and fears relating to our faith from time to time and it was refreshing to air it all out yesterday. The "altar call" was a real blessing and it was good for me to get some stuff out there to God in a personal way. I too LOVE OUR CHURCH and am so pumped and ready to be used by HIM!

Anonymous said...

Dude - your set is looking sweet bro!

Hillenblog said...

Schweeet, looking stage. The stuff you added really looks nice...We will be coming to C4 outside of Philly soon. (the fourth C is obviously "Cremeans").

I ran across an old video...that you were talking about when we ran into each other at FCdotCOM...and I thought it might make a great YouTube.

Your stage has come a long way from these children's musical days.

Enjoy a blast from the past...

http://hillenblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/blog-post.html

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDQ7NxAN8hw

John Cremeans said...

Thanks as always Ray for your encouragement...

Jennifer - It's good to get stuff out there and let God take it. God is ready and waiting to use you!

Thanks Brian! Way to keep stepping up with your new campus. Buddy continues to brag about you bro!

Mark you are killing me bro. I try to keep the fact that I used to "try to sing" a secret around here...Come on dude! Thanks for the feedback on the set...coming from you that means a lot.