Monday, March 17, 2008

The biggest religious season of the year is on as we gear up for Easter this Sunday. Today I’m wondering who you will invite to church this Sunday. Let me ask you this question…are you a player or a spectator? Many of your friends and family are ONE INVITATION AWAY from coming to church this Easter and FINDING CHRIST! Think about the stakes…heaven verses hell…relationship instead of loneliness…grace instead of emptiness…mercy instead of judgment…peace where there is now anxiety…faith where fear exists… purpose instead of performance. Are you a player or a poser? Do you really believe in Jesus Christ? Has he made a difference in your life? Don’t you think he would make a difference in the life of your friends and family?

I am praying that God will give you the boldness and sense of urgency to get up off the bench and be a player this week. As my high school coach had to scream at me from time to time…”GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME!” The stakes are high. The payoff is amazing. God set the table with an amazing service last Sunday, but the best is right in front of us. I am praying for you today...praying that God will not leave you alone this week…praying that you will lose sleep over those who need to hear about the good news of Jesus Christ…praying that you will get off the bench and get in the game…someone’s eternity is depending on it.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Put me in Coach !! I am praying that some of my co-workers will take me up on my offer and come to Fellowship this Sunday, I know that they will be touched !! And on a side note, last Sunday was an amazing experience, to really feel the Holy Spirit moving through all of us was something that will be with Michele and I forever.

John Cremeans said...

Thanks Matt. I'm glad you and Michele are with us. See you Sunday!