Thursday, March 20, 2008

March Madness



Watch Series Preview Here

Is it just me or does anybody remember the NCAA Tournament beginning on Easter weekend before? I love watching the games but it does bum me out that it is falling on this particular weekend. Seems like we will have some competition this weekend, but it’s all good… It will be fun to pull for our three Philly teams. I have been a Villanova fan since I was a kid but I will also be pulling for Temple and St Josephs to do well. I hope you have your brackets all filled out and ready to go. I love watching for upsets and seeing games come down to the wire.

Our team is gearing up for an incredible Easter Sunday as we kick off our “I Love” series. I promise you that you will be surprised with at least one song you hear on Sunday. We have had some great response from many of you submitting your favorite 80’s songs. It has brought back some great memories and reminded me of how old I am getting. Make sure you send in some of your crazy 80’s photos so we can all have a good laugh at your expense! I am trying to remember what got into me to get a perm back in the late 80’s. Any of you guys go through that ordeal? I think it was the belief that it would make me look like I had more hair. What is up with that?

I want to say a special thank you to all of you who volunteered to serve this Sunday. You guys are awesome. You will see church through different eyes when you serve. Serving gives you a sense of ownership that you don’t really get otherwise. God also has a way of blessing you when you exercise your spiritual muscles!

Last but not least, let me encourage all of you to be early this Sunday. You can do it…I know you can. Guests are almost always here early or on time. Just think back to your first time here…it makes a difference when there is an energy and a sense of excitement in the auditorium. Again, be praying that God will show up in a huge way. Lives are going to be forever changed this Sunday!

1 comment:

una and paul said...

There is no sporting event better than march madness!!!!!!!!!