Thursday, March 20, 2008

Good Times

Yes there really is a town with “this name” in Lancaster County. My friends didn’t believe me! This is me and my good friend Greg Wagner…in case you didn’t know it was raining like crazy when we took this picture (hence the squinting). Now that I think about it…not so sure what message this sends…two guys in front of this sign with cheesy smiles…oh well. Michelle keeps telling me I need to put this post in my “draft” section and save it until tomorrow…Like I would have better discernment tomorrow…This is probably a great time to remind you that one of the main purposes behind my blog is to get to know me.

It has been awesome to have Greg and Kelly with us. Our friendship goes back about 18 years to our time in Fort Worth, Texas. They have two really cool sons Cody (17) and Ethan (14) who have hit it off with our kids. It’s great to see how these guys have grown up and how they love God. Cool stuff! Tonight we went over to the school and watched the rehearsal for Sunday. I was so stinkin' proud of our staff, singers, band, tech team, and volunteers! They are working so hard to make Sunday an unforgettable experience.

I just need to say one more thing about our staff. It occurred to me tonight just how far God has brought us. To see Jeff, Ben, Ryan, and Dan leading tonight was a huge encouragement to me. There was this huge production effort going on and I literally had nothing to do with it. They have great initiative, work their butts off, and they love Fellowship. I’m not sure they really get the respect and appreciation they deserve sometimes. Thanks guys…You inspired me tonight and challenged me to step it up for Sunday.

2 comments:

Greg Wagner said...

Hey John and Michelle,
Thank ya'll (Texas draw)for a incredible week and for allowing our family to be apart of ya'lls. The boys are already wanting to come back this summer with us or without us. You and Michelle are very dear friends and have been such a blessing and encourage to Kelly and me. You both are so real and love ya'll. God is doing some awesome things with your family and church. We will be praying for ya'll Easter service and His continuing blessings.

We love you guys,

Greg, Kelly, Cody and Ethan

John Cremeans said...

Right back at you Greg. We had an awesome time!