Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Grace

Today was my daughter Grace’s 9th birthday. She is our “baby.” I took off a half-day today and Gracie and I went to breakfast. She had the pancakes with chocolate chips…good stuff! I took her shopping after that to get her a couple of things. Mostly it was about having some special daddy time with her. Grace is mommy’s girl make no mistake about that. I’m totally good with that by the way. They have a special bond that I celebrate. I am so proud of Grace. She is a leader at age nine. Yesterday I was trying to “coach” her in a behavioral area and I suggested that someday she would probably run her own company. She started shaking her head no (not something I like when I am imparting my “wisdom”) and said, “I don’t want to run a company daddy.” Then she said with what might have been the sweetest look I have ever seen, “I want to sing in the praise team like mommy!” How sweet is that? I know, I know…she has me wrapped around her little finger. Happy Birthday Grace. Your daddy is very proud.

4 comments:

ray h. said...

She is such a sweetheart. I`ll be looking forward to seeing her in the praise team!
You are a great dad! Without a doubt you will reap the rewards.
You are a great role model to which I thank you.

Betty said...

Happy Birthday again Grace! Thanks for being so sweet that when your friend shows up wearing glasses you tell her how smart she looks. Thanks for being one of the kids who accepts new kids warmly as if you already knew them on their first Sunday at Live. Definitely a future on the worship team. You can see that in Live. It's been great getting to know you over the last several months. I hope you enjoyed your day!!!

Have a great year Grace!
Betty

Jeff S said...

Happy Birthday to Grace!

I do have a question....Are there any Cremeans that don't celebrate their birthdays in February and March? Man, they just keep coming!

Greg Wagner said...

Happy Birthday Grace - from Greg, Kelly, Cody and Ethan, all the way from Texas.