Sunday, March 23, 2008

He Is Risen

Today marks three years since we moved into the school and began our mission to redefine church in the Delaware Valley. All I can say is Wow! I have never seen so much excitement in our service. It was electric.  Jeff Ream our worship pastor, has come into his own. I had so much fun watching Jeff today. He had such a good time “cranking it up” 80’s style. Jeff I love seeing you grow. You are setting the pace as you become one of the best worship leaders in the Northeast. I am your biggest fan.

From the parking lot to the auditorium I saw scores of new volunteers decked out in their “I love” shirts, smiling and welcoming our guests. I loved it! What a way to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior! He is alive and living through us. Here are some other things that stood out to me today…
  • Our media pastor Ben Jones delivered the goods today. I loved the all the videos. They are the “stained glass” of the contemporary church.
  • The props looked great. Thanks to Dan, Nancy, Trevor, and Daniel.
  • I had fun watching the expressions on your faces as I reached my hand into the Victoria’s Secret bag. Priceless!
  • It was a blast from the past as one of my high school teachers showed up. Thanks for sowing into my life Mr. Murphy!
  • Michelle had a great birthday. Our staff and elders blew her away with a very special birthday gift. More on that later this week…stay tuned.
  • This is the 200th post in my brief blogging career. Never saw this one coming. Every pastor should blog…hope to see some of you launch a blog this year. Let me know when you do. I am excited about my new blog that should debut later this week. It is going to look awesome!
  • Not sure how many people raised their hands for accepting Christ in both services. My best estimate was somewhere between 25-35! I could not keep up with all of them. Incredible! Pray for these new believers as they live their first week as part of the family of God.
  • It was encouraging to see so many of our leaders sitting toward the front today. You guys set the pace.
  • Hats off to our “Live” and KidVenture workers today. I heard you guys did a great job and the 11:00 service was packed. Thanks for leading our kids to Jesus.
  • Our band is incredible! You guys bring it every week.
  • I loved the 80’s music before and during the service. You gotta love somebody…can’t wait to see what song is going to be performed next week.
  • It was cool having friends from Russia in our 11:00 service. Welcome to the USA!

5 comments:

Jeff S said...

I intentionally wanted to take a few minutes tonight and just absorb how awesome today was at Fellowship. I haven't done enough absorbing lately, but today was definitely worth it!

I wanted to say just how proud I am of what we witnessed today at Fellowship. As Heather and I left the service this morning, we talked about how evident it was the work that was put into the services. Jeff and his gang did an absolutely wonderful job with worship this morning. It was one of the best I've witnessed since we have started coming to Fellowship. Ben, wow....those videos...very powerful. Can't say anything else about it. Thanks to the rest of the team as well. I can't imagine the work needed to make today work, so thank you. John, I appreciate that your message wasn't some over-production just for the sake of Easter. It's obvious you go where the Spirit leads you and you just keep it real. You're not there to annoyingly impress just because it's Easter. It was real, it was relevant, it was Fellowship. How awesome that God was working! 25-35 people making decisions that will affect their path for eternity? God is good!

Greg Davis said...

Amen! It was a great service indeed! I am very excited about what God is doing in the DE Valley and I'm pumped about what the coming year has in store!!

Raysheeth said...

He Is Risen Indeed! I shook hands with an older lady yesterday who told me that in her old church when they shook hands they said He is Risen and she was tickled pink that I said He Is Risen Indeed! I met so many new people in the 9:30 service it was awesome! My daughter said they had 11 kids in the toddler class at 9:30 and I know we had so many we had to get a helper-thanks Emily C you blessed me yesterday. Church rocked yesterday and I am so thankful that I don't go to a boring church! Keep it up y'all!

Marcy said...

I totally agree with Jeff. Everything from the music, videos, and the message were so amazing! There was this incredible energy that you could feel as soon as you walked into church. Fellowship is not only redefining church, but God is using it to help redefine people's lives. What an amazing priveldge to be a part of something so great! Can't wait to see what is next!!

una said...

What a great day at Fellowship! Ben's video work was amazing! The band rocked,and the energy all around was abundant! At Easter dinner, Jared asked us "why did Pastor John take an old nightgown out of a bag?" The girls wanted to know WHAT they missed! Paul and I just laughed! Great sermon. Happy Birthday to Michelle!