Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Michelle

We just finished watching Michelle open her birthday presents. Tomorrow (Easter) is her birthday so we decided to celebrate early. I think it is appropriate on a day like this to zoom out for a moment and realize the impact Michelle has had. She is an amazing Mother. It is her calling and her passion. Our kids are getting old enough to see just what they have. She let me read the birthday card from the kids - Alli called her “amazing” and Emmy called her “hot.”

This June will mark 20 years for Michelle and me. We have had quite a ride to this point. Proverbs 31:11 says …”she will greatly enrich his life”. I am a richer person for sharing this ride called life with Michelle. It occurred to me recently what a life-coach she has been to me. She has taught me to listen (still learn) and inspired me to be a more complete person. She calls me to be my best and gives me the respect that makes me believe I can do anything.

Michelle has redefined what it means to be a pastor’s wife. As Fellowship’s first lady she brings a joy and warmth to the Delaware Valley’s most friendly church. She has paid the price that comes from transitioning a church. It is a price that only God truly knows. She loves Fellowship and she loves the dream of reaching our region for Christ. I love seeing her worship…come to think of it…I just love seeing her.

So as we gear it up for a huge day tomorrow let me say it again…Happy Birthday Michelle! I love you.

5 comments:

iROG said...

Happy Birthday Michelle. Remember, 40 is the new 30 and green is the new black... Dave & Kendra

John Cremeans said...

Thanks Dave! I'll pass this along. Say hey to Kendra for us. Time for a business trip to Philly soon...

Amy Genthert said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! Sorry we missed saying it to you in person this morning. What a wonderful day to celebrate a special birthday. You are such a great example of what a Christian wife and mother should be. Matt and I hope you have a great day. We loved todays service and thank both you and John for everything that you do for the church:)

khd48 said...

Happy Birthday, Michelle. I had the pleasure of meeting you two weeks ago after church. You are such a warm and friendly person. Thanks for being Fellowship's First Lady and worship singer extraordinaire. Happy Birthday!

Hillenblog said...

O Happy B Day...Your right John...It seams like yesterday...For your 80's series maybe you can get Michele to break out a little Sandy Patti. Have a great week. I'm so pumped that your doing such a great work up there.